He is staff member, Civil and Environmental Engineering Assistant Professor, a former Head of the Civil Engineering Department at An-Najah University. Currently he is running the Water and Environmental Studies Institute (WESI) at An-Najah University and is member of Nablus Municipal Council.
- 2006 to 2009: Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, USA
- 2000 to 2004: M.Sc., Water Engineering, Birzeit University, Birzeit, Palestine
- 1993 to 1998: B.Sc., Chemical Engineering, Mutah University, Al-Karak, Jordan
- July, 2017 - up to now: Director of Water and Environmental Studies Institute
- July, 2013- August 2016: Head of Civil Engineering Department (Chair) – An-Najah National University, Nablus, Palestine
- June, 2010– up to date: Faculty Member, Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering – An-Najah National University, Nablus, Palestine
- June, 2009 – July, 2009: Instructor and Trainer, Florida, USA
- August, 2006 – August, 2009: Teaching and Research Assistant, Florida, USA
- August, 2003-August 2006: Director of the Water Studies and Quality Control, Jenin, Palestine
- May, 2002 – August, 2003: Water Engineer, Jenin, Palestine
- January, 2000 -September: 2001, Site engineer, Jenin, Palestine
- September, 1998 – December, 1999: Water Quality Engineer, Jenin, Palestine
Awards and distinctions:
- April 7, 2009: Second Place (physical sciences), Research and Creativity Forum. University of Miami, http://www.cae.miami.edu/news.html
- May 25, 2008: Ron Cockcroft Award, International Research Group on Wood Protection, Sweden. http://www.cae.miami.edu/news.html.
- 2008-Aug: 2009Teaching Assistantship, Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering Department (CAE), University of Miami. Aug
- Aug. 2006 - Aug. 2007: Graduate Scholarship with Fellowship, CAE dept., University of Miami.
- . Aug. 2006 – Aug. 2007.: Teaching Assistantship, CAE dept., University of Miami
- Dec. 2004- Jan. 2005: Short visit award by US Department of state to LBJ School of Public Affairs, University of Texas, Austin
- 2001 – 2002.: Research Fellowship for six months at the sub-department of environmental technology, Wageningen University, the Netherlands
- 1997 – 1998: Dean list of honour for two semesters at the Faculty of Engineering, Mu’tah University
- Physical and Biological Treatment of High Strength Municipal Wastewater
- Physical and Biological Treatment of Industrial Wastewater
- Physical and Biological Treatment of Wastewater Generated from Rural areas
- Water Quality Modeling and Management of Major Streams in Palestine (currently in Faria’, Zimar, and Al-Qilt Streams).
- Studying Reclaimed Water Reuse in Palestine by Chain Value Analysis and Process Re-engineering
- Sand and Carbon Filtration for Drinking Water and Secondary Wastewater Effluents
- Drinking Water Disinfection
- Solid and Hazardous Waste Management
- Biogas Production from Municipal Solid Waste