Assistant Professor and faculty Member, Civil Engineering Department, An- Najah National University, August 2014 – Present
Date of Birth: August. 13, 1980 (Nablus Palestine)
Marital status: Married
Rafeedia / Nablus
E-mail: [email protected]
E-mail: [email protected]
2013 PHD Degree in Civil Engineering (Transportation Engineering), Korea Maritime National University- South Korea
2007 Masters Degree in Civil Engineering (Transportation Engineering), Korea Maritime National University- South Korea.
2005 Post Graduate Diploma in International Transportation and Logistics, Norwegian Shipping Academy and Arab Academy- Egypt and Norway.
2004 Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering (Transportation), An-Najah National University-Palestine.
Sea Port Management, Port Of Barcelona- Spain 2005
Port Logistics, Damietta Port- Egypt 2005
Road Safety Awareness, Busan City Hall, South Korea- 2013
Publications, Researches and Conferences
- Hassouna, F. M., Abu-Eisheh, S., & Al-Sahili, K. (2020). Analysis and Modeling of Road Crash Trends in Palestine. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 45(10), 8515-8527. doi:10.1007/s13369-020-04740-y
- Hassouna, F. M., & Al-Sahili, K. (2020). Environmental Impact Assessment of the Transportation Sector and Hybrid Vehicle Implications in Palestine. Sustainability, 12(19), 7878. doi:10.3390/su12197878
- Hassouna, F. M., & Al-Sahili, K. (2020). Future Energy and Environmental Implications of Electric Vehicles in Palestine. Sustainability, 12(14), 5515. doi:10.3390/su12145515
- Fady M. A Hassouna, Reema Nassar, and Hamees Tubaleh. Electric Vehicles as an Alternative to Conventional Vehicles: A Review. 10th Annual International Conference on Civil Engineering, Athens, Greece, 2020.
Fady M. A Hassouna and Yeon Woo Jung. (2020). Developing a Higher Performance and Less Thickness Concrete Pavement: Using a Nonconventional Concrete Mixture. Advances in Civil Engineering, 2020(6), 1-8.
Fady M. A Hassouna. Performance Analysis of Modern Roundabouts as An Alternative to Conventional Signalized Intersections: A Comprehensive Review. 3rd International Conference on Science & Technology Research, Prague, Czech Republic, 2020.
- Fady M. A Hassouna. (2020). Evaluation of Pedestrian Walking Speed Change Patterns at Crosswalks in Palestine. Open Transportation Journal. 14 (1), 44-49.
- Fady M. A Hassouna and Ian Pringle. (2019). Analysis and Prediction of Crash Fatalities in Australia. Open Transportation Journal. 13, 134-140.
- Sameer Abu Eisheh, Khaled Al-Sahili, Fady M A Hassouna. Traffic Safety Programmes in Arabic Countries, presented at International Symposium on Traffic Safety in the Transport Sector, Tunisia, 2018.
- Fady M. A Hassouna and Hussein Abu-Zant, ‘Effects of Superplasticizers on Fresh and Hardened Portland Cement Concrete Characteristics’, IJAST, Vol.5, Issue 2, ISSN: 227- 869, 2016.
- Fady M A Hassouna, ‘Prediction of HV Factor in Expressways Using A Short-Term VDS Data’ PhD diss., Korea Maritime University, 2013, (000002174391).
- Kim Taegun, Jeong Yu Na, Fady M.A Hassouna, ‘Delay Predicting Modeling of Urban Freeway using Lane-based Characteristics’, RISS, Volume 30, No 5, 467-476, 2010.
- Kim Taegun, Byoung Keun, Fady M.A Hassouna, ‘Speed Correlation Models Within the Merge Influence Area of Urban Freeway Using the Lane-based Speed Characteristics’, DBPIA, 2007. 7, 413-421.
- Fady M A Hassouna, ‘Accident Correlation Models for Predicting the Accident Occurrence Patterns in Korea’Master’s diss, Korea Maritime University, 2007, (00000207365).
- Fady M A Hassouna,‘ EDI Implementation in Container Terminals’, Post Graduate Diploma diss, Arab Academy for Science, Technology & Maritime Transport (AASTMT), 2005.
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
Transportation System Analysis.
Infrastructure System Management.
Special Topics in Designing Transportation Facilities (Master Level).
International Transportation and Logistics (Master Level).
Transportation Systems II (Undergraduate Level 4).
Principles of Scientific Research (Undergraduate Level 4)
Transportation Systems I (Undergraduate Level 3).
Construction Materials (Undergraduate Level 2).
Member, American Society of Civil Engineering (ASCE), USA, since 2015.
Member, Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE), USA, since 2014.
Member, Jordanian Engineers Association, since 2005.
Member, Palestinian Engineers Association, since 2004.