Anas Toma is an assistant professor at the Department of Computer Engineering, and the coordinator of the Artificial Intelligence Master’s program, An-Najah National University, Palestine. He holds a PhD degree in Computer Engineering from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) in Germany. He received his B.Sc. from An-Najah National University in Palestine and his M.Sc. from Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST) in Jordan. He worked as a teaching and research assistant for one year and as a lecturer for three years at An-Najah National University. From 2016 to 2019, Anas worked as a postdoctoral researcher at TU-Dortmund University in Germany.
- Computer vision.
- Machine learning.
- Real-time systems.
- Cloud and edge computing.
- High-performance and energy-efficient scheduling.
Awards and Scholarships:
- OpenCV AI Competition 2021 - Phase 1 Winners (Phase 2 is still in progress), sponsored by Microsoft Azure and Intel.
- Best paper award, the 11 th International Conference on Bio-inspired Systems and Signal Processing, BIOSIGNALS/BIOSTEC (2018).
- Research Grant for Doctoral Candidates and Young Academics and Scientists, DAAD (2011 - 2015).
- Third Country Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies, DAAD (2006 - 2008).
- 2nd Position in B.Sc. of computer engineering, An-Najah National University, Palestine
- Tuition Fees Waiver Award for Outstanding Students, An-Najah National University, Palestine (2000 - 2005).