This study aimed to call for cancellation of periodic inventory method
system in all the institutions in general, and small and medium-sized
enterprises in particular, based on the opinions of the specialist collected
via specialized accounting forums across the Internet.
The study found a number of results, which can be summarized as follows:
1. The most important reasons for this type of institutions to use the inventory method of periodic nature are type of commodity trading, adoption of manual accounting systems, owner's direct intervention, and resistance to change by some of the administrative bodies.
2. Periodic inventory in a way is contrary to the conceptual frameworkU.
3. All financial staff is aware of the importance of using perpetual inventory system.
4. All financial staff is aware of the risks of using periodic inventory system.
5. The presence of a number of obstacles prevent using perpetual system such as, Lack of awareness of the management and owners of importance of this method, intervention of the owners, and the unwillingness of owners to buy accounting software's.