Dr. Abdul Razzaq Touqan
Civil Engineering Department, An-Najah National University, Nablus, Palestine
Tel: 970 9 2345113 ext. 2397 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant professor, Civil Engineering Department, An- Najah National University, 1989 – Present
- 1985-1989, Ph.D. structures, civil engineering department, Stanford University, California, USA.
- 1982-1983, Msc. civil engineering, structures, civil engineering department, Stanford University, California, USA.
- 1975-1980, Bsc. civil engineering, first in civil engineering department, highest GPA in the university at year of graduation, university of Jordan, Amman, Jordan.
- 1975, General Secondary certificateexams (Tawjihi), first in Nablus and fourth at West Bank, with excellent avg. 95.2%, AssalaheyaSecondary School, Nablus, West Bank.
- 1989 – Present, Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Department, An- Najah National University, Nablus, West Bank.
- 1984-1985, Department head, Civil Engineering Department, An-Najah National University, Nablus, West Bank.
- 1983-1984, Teacher, Civil Engineering Department, Bir Zeit University.
- 1981-1982, teaching and research Assistant, Civil Engineering Department, Bir Zeit University
- 1980-1981, teaching and research Assistant, Civil Engineering Department, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan.
ADDITIONAL CAREER EXPERIENCE - PART TIME
- 1979, Training engineer, Bechtel Company (power division), San Francisco, California, USA.
- 1986-1988, teaching and research Assistant, Stanford University, California, USA.
- 1986-1987, Consultant failure analysis company Palo Alto, California, USA.
• MS Office
• SAP, ETABS, SAFE software
- Full doctoral scholarship award at Stanford University, Amideast, An-Najah National University, 1985-89.
- Full MSC scholarship award at Stanford University, Amideast, Bir-Zeit University, 1982-83.
- Full BSC scholarship at Jordan University, Ministry of education at Jordan, 1975-1980.
BSC Courses: serving different departments and one serving university requirements (engineering and society (الهندسة والمجتمع)), the following is a list of courses given in the civil engineering department
- Analysis Courses: Statics, Dynamics, Mechanics of Materials, Structural Analysis 2 and 3, Failure Analysis, Computer Applications (3D Seismic Analysis and Design of Structures),
- Design Courses: Reinforced Concrete 1, 2, and 3, Steel Design, System Design Fundamentals.
- Design Project 1 and 2: supervised over seventy undergraduate projects in several areas in structural analysis and design.
- General courses: Introduction to engineering, Engineering verses in the Holy Quran (الإعجاز الهندسي في القرءان الكريم).
- Analysis courses: Matrix Analysis of Structures, Finite Element Analysis, Structural Dynamics, Multi Story Analysis and Design, Plastic Analysis and Design, Failure Analysis.
- Design Courses: Advanced Reinforced Concrete, System Design Fundamentals
Supervised six students in several areas of seismic analysis, evaluations, failure analysis and rehabilitation
First and second author of several textbooks and research papers in fields of structures, computer and Islam. The following are few examples:
- M. Abu-Hilal and A.R. Touqan: ‘Conceptual Understanding of Mass and Stiffness fixed points of discrete vibrational systems”, Jordan Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Vol.4, No.4, pp.433-442, 2010.
- Samir Helou and Dynamic Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete Structures with Masonry Walls”, An-Najah University Journal for Research Natural sciences, Vol. 22, 2008.
- Solution manual for the book “Vibration Problems in Engineering”, John Wiley and Sons 1990.
- Programming in Fortran 77, First author together with Ali Hamad and Khalid Salah
- Abdul R. Touqan, “Three Dimensional Response Spectrum Soil Structure Modeling Versus Conceptual Understanding To Illustrate Seismic Response Of Structures”, AIP Conf. Proc. 1020, pp. 1143-1150